Jim Pesoli is a motivated and detail-oriented attorney who focuses his practice in areas involving entertainment and corporate matters. Pesoli also assists clients working with the firm in matters associated with estate planning, real estate transactions and commercial litigation. Pesoli has over 15 years of production-related experience, and his working knowledge of the industry enables him to provide clients with outstanding representational skillsets.
Jim Pesoli founded the firm in 2009, and since then, the Firm has been retained by countless individuals and entities looking to expand their businesses, structure complicated entertainment financing deals, negotiate talent participation agreements, assist independent film and television producers to see their project to completion and oversee business endeavors of writers, actors and artists through the Firm’s entertainment management services.
Pesoli maintains an active pro bono practice and he is the Executive Director of Kids Fight Cancer, a not for profit organization that provides pediatric and adolescent cancer patients with a safe, educational and entertaining environment at Chicago-area hospitals. The organization was founded in 1985 by Pesoli’s father, the late Jim Pesoli, a four-time cancer survivor.
- Successfully negotiated the sale of intellectual property for a distressed television pilot that saved vendors and service providers from financial demise
- Negotiated over $700,000 in savings for a California production company seeking to film in Illinois
- Structured the entertainment financing for a $6 million production
- Negotiated numerous A-list talent and performer agreements for various productions
- Reversed a $500,000 judgment imposed upon a boxing promoter
- Negotiated the acquisition of over $1.2 million in contracts for a healthcare service provider
- Assisted in litigating the attempted recovery of over $9 million in stolen funds by fraudulent brokers
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2009
- Lewis University, B.A. in Criminal Justice and B.S. in Political Science, 2003
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association